Welcome to Peru, where colourful cities rub shoulders with wild rainforests and ancient monuments. Join a local leader to discover the Incan, indigenous and modern sides of Peru on an immersive nine-day Premium journey. From the colonial charm of Lima to the incredible biodiversity of the Amazon Rainforest, the historically rich city of Cusco and the spectacular Incan ruins of Machu Picchu – this adventure takes you straight to the heart of it all. Take time to soak up quiet moments of local life and get beneath the surface of a remarkable country that’s anything but ordinary.
- Lima – Downtown walking tour
- Lima – Alameda Chabuca Granda tour and tastings
- Lima – San Francisco Monastery and the Catacombs
- Lima – Welcome Dinner
- Complimentary Airport Arrival Transfer
- Amazon Jungle – Night jungle walk
- Amazon Jungle – Medicinal garden tour
- Amazon Jungle – Macaw clay lick
- Amazon Jungle – Night boat tour
- Amazon Jungle – Oxbow Lake
- Cusco – Cathedral tour with Specialist Historian Guide
- Cusco – Leader-led orientation walk
- Cusco – Coricancha Temple (entrance fee)
- Cusco – Walking tour
- Cusco – Manos Unidas Cafe visit
- Ollantaytambo – Archaeological site
- Sacred Valley – Community workshops visit
- Sacred Valley – Sacsayhuaman
- Sacred Valley – Home-cooked lunch
- Machu Picchu – Guided visit
- Ollantaytambo – 360 degree train to Aguas Calientes
- Machu Picchu – Second visit
- Sleep surrounded by nature in the Amazon rainforest at your magnificent feature stay lodge. Owned by the indigenous Ese Eja community, profits from the lodge are put back into local education and training.
- Take your taste buds on a trip, from the market stalls of Lima and one of the city’s best restaurants, to a coffee break at the social enterprise Manos Unidas in Cusco and a traditional Andean lunch in the Sacred Valley.
- Get to know local culture during interactions with the Ese Eja and Chichubamba communities, let a local leader show you the country’s best, and explore with expert guides in Cusco, Ollantaytambo and Machu Picchu.
- Take in unbeatable views of the Andes as you travel towards Machu Picchu on a 360 train, offering high domed windows and an open-air observation carriage to immerse yourself in the incredible landscape.
- Experience the country’s best sights during two guided visits to remarkable Machu Picchu and an unforgettable day of wildlife activities in the Amazon Jungle.
Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu